Saturday, April 11, 2009

Non-traditional Easter "Egg" Hunt






The boys and I headed out for some Easter photos and some fun on a warm day during spring break. Brett insisted on bringing his basket (you may remember his obsession with buckets...that also applies to baskets). Instead of hunting Easter eggs, the boys hunted pinecones! Brett had a great time picking them up and putting them in his basket. Then he discovered the water...and then the pinecones found their way into the water. And so did some twigs and some rocks! What is it with boys and throwing things into water?? That makes it three for three with my kids and wanting to throw objects into any puddle, pond or lake!

I had quite the challenge trying to get all three to cooperate and let me have a photo of them together. Didn't really get what I wanted...why do my boys think I take too many photos?? They don't like to sit together or be close in anyway if I ask them to. So, I got some candids and some individual shots but nothing for an Easter card. There's always tomorrow!

Anyway, hope you are having an enjoyable Easter weekend and the Easter Bunny is good to you tonight! :)

1 comment:

Cherye Frederick said...

Bodie would have been right there with Brett and bros! I have heard "mines basket" at least 100 times in the last week! And "boy treasures" (like pinecones, rocks, etc.) are fascinating to me after 3 girls! Your boys, by the way, are SO HANDSOME!!