Saturday, June 27, 2009

First Week of Summer-GONE!
















Wow, how time flies. Our first week of summer break has come and gone and what a busy week it was! We were on the go the whole week and shared it with lots of friends. On the last day of school, the boys had a double sleepover. I'm really not sure what time they went to sleep but rumor has it, it was well past 2 am! I am watching my friend's two kiddos during the week so my guys have playmates each day. This week alone we visited two playgrounds, went to our neighborhood pool 3 days, had some slip in slide fun in the backyard, made some great sidewalk chalk art and had 4 picnics and one restaurant meal!! Whew, that makes me tired just thinking about the week. Yesterday, our cousins came to the pool also and then had a sleepover with us where they went to a bonfire VBS celebration in the evening and played basement baseball til the wee hours of the night! Are my kids lucky or what? I certainly can't remember a summer while I was a kid that was so packed with good friends and fun activities in just the first week alone. We have a lot more planned this summer with a beach trip, cousins visiting from Arkansas for almost a month, and lots more days at the pool. The boys are honing their swimming skills with lessons in the evenings so I fully expect expert swimmers by the end of the summer. Here are a few pics of the first week (I am just getting used to packing for 5 kids so I didn't take my camera out on our day trips, but I plan to in the future!). I hope you are enjoying your summer!

I'm very excited about an engagement shoot I have tomorrow evening so stay tuned for images from that session!

No comments: