Wednesday, May 13, 2009

9 days old





Baby feet. Baby toes. Can you have too many photos of your baby's feet and toes? I don't think so. I wish I had more photos of my own boys' baby toes. I'm not sure why I love them so much but I gravitate towards the toes when I'm taking newborn images. Maybe it is because you realize how quickly they grow up by how often you have to buy new shoes for them. I know my own kids need new shoes every few months (thanks, Mom!). Maybe by taking so many images of baby toes it captures and preserves those sweet, precious and fleeting first few weeks. Maybe it is a reminder of those early days for you to hold onto when you are tripping over BIG shoes in your hallway. I'm not sure how many images of baby toes you'll frame and hang in your living room, but you'll have them and you can look back on them and remember how sweet it was to kiss them and hold them in your hand and you'll remember just how small and precious your little one was. Ahhhh, I just love baby toes.

Brett and I had a quick visit with baby David today. He's 9 days old. How did that happen? 9 days old. He's still small. And sleepy. We got LOTS of sleeping images of him today. And Emily let me explore my creative ideas with him. I have so many ideas of photos for newborns that only work in the first 1-2 weeks. That's when they are so sleepy and can be posed easily. David obliged and we got some cute stuff!

I made a quick slideshow of my favorite photos. He's oh-so-sweet. Thanks, Emily, for letting me be creative! Oh and get ready for lots of baby toes! I especially love how you can still see the heel stick marks. You can really tell how new he is by those. Here's the show: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow?fl=3098131&alb=0

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Kim! Love these photos!

Cherye Frederick said...

I love this slideshow! What a precious gift for mom! My favorites are the close-ups on the basket with the books behind. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so sweet! It almost makes me want to have another baby just so you can capture memories like this for me. (underscore the almost)